Teacher suspected of molesting students in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A physical education teacher has been arrested for allegedly molesting junior high school students in Pekayon, East Jakarta, police said on Friday.
Pasar Rebo Police chief Comr. Joko Waluyo said investigators were looking into the possibility of more victims in the case.
“So far, [we know of] only three. We are still developing the case,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
“All the victims are male,” Joko said, adding that the teacher had been arrested on Dec. 27.
Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) commissioner Jasra Putra confirmed that the victims’ parents had reported the matter to the police on Dec. 23.
Jasra said KPAI approached the Pasar Rebo Police on Thursday after a message began circulating on social media claiming that more victims were involved.
He further said that the KPAI had encouraged the police to investigate whether the teacher had committed similar acts at an elementary school in Ciracas, North Jakarta, where he previously worked.
“The police agreed with the KPAI’s request and will visit the school where the perpetrator used to work,” he said. (dpk)
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use