Teacher suspected of molesting students in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A physical education teacher has been arrested for allegedly molesting junior high school students in Pekayon, East Jakarta, police said on Friday.
Pasar Rebo Police chief Comr. Joko Waluyo said investigators were looking into the possibility of more victims in the case.
“So far, [we know of] only three. We are still developing the case,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
“All the victims are male,” Joko said, adding that the teacher had been arrested on Dec. 27.
Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) commissioner Jasra Putra confirmed that the victims’ parents had reported the matter to the police on Dec. 23.
Jasra said KPAI approached the Pasar Rebo Police on Thursday after a message began circulating on social media claiming that more victims were involved.
He further said that the KPAI had encouraged the police to investigate whether the teacher had committed similar acts at an elementary school in Ciracas, North Jakarta, where he previously worked.
“The police agreed with the KPAI’s request and will visit the school where the perpetrator used to work,” he said. (dpk)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case