KPK arrests Subang regent in West Java
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih during an operation in Subang regency, West Java, on Tuesday at around midnight.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the arrest on Wednesday morning.
"The investigators arrested eight people, including the regent, a courier, some businesspeople and officials, in a case related to the issuance of a permit. Our team also confiscated money in cash," he said.
Febri, however, declined to disclose more information regarding the arrest.
Reports indicate that Subang Regent Imas Aryumningsih was among those arrested by KPK investigators.Read also: KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
Imas was elected as regent in 2016. He succeeded Ojang Sohandi after the latter was named a suspect by the antigraft body in a bribery case.
Imas is currently seeking reelection in the 2018 regional elections, backed by the Golkar Party and the National Awakening Party. (dmr)
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis
- Bollywood star Sridevi dies of heart attack: PTI