BREAKING: Riau Police HQ attacked by five men
The Jakarta Post
Five men attacked the Riau Police headquarters on Jl. Jenderal Sudirman in Pekanbaru on Wednesday at around 9 a.m. They carried sharp weapons and firearms.
Doddy Vladimir, a journalist of Tribun Pekanbaru, said he saw a white Toyota Avanza van hit the headquarter’s fences at around 9 a.m.
“It was really quick. People wearing masks alighted from a van and stabbed a police officer nearby,” Doddy said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The police shot two of them, Doddy said.
Tribunnews.com reported a TV journalist, not yet identified at the time of writing, suffered some wounds because he was near the fences for a news release on drugs at the police headquarters. (evi)
Editor's note: An earlier version of this article stated that at least three men had attacked the Riau Police headquarters. Police updates have stated that there were five attackers, and that four were shot dead at the scene. The alleged driver fled but was later arrested by the Riau Police.
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade