MRT construction nearly complete, developer says
The Jakarta Post
Construction of the MRT in Jakarta is 94.2 percent complete, with a rolling stock trial run slated for December, PT MRT Indonesia president director William P. Sabandar said in Jakarta on Monday
“We are on time and the commercial operation will be held in March 2019,” William said while accompanying Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution in his visit to the MRT project, kontan.co.id reported.
He said two trains, each of which consisted of six cars, had arrived from Japan and that other trains were expected to arrive in December, when a trial run would be held without passengers.
He said the two currently available trains would head from Lebak Bulus in South Jakarta to the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta to test the entire MRT system.
The MRT had already been powered with electricity, William said, adding that the railway signaling system, which was vital for the entire system, was currently being installed.
“We have started to install the signaling system. As you can see, the railway tracks have already been installed, while in August, we will place the trains on the tracks,” he said.
A total of 16 trains and 96 train cars will operate along the MRT network. (bbn)
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Trump wants to dominate space, Moon and Mars